Arma 3 level
Technical Level Designer | Eden Editor | WIP | June 2020
This level is a self guided study project where I:
- Designed a sandbox level with an approach that rewards exploration.
- Scripting moments, events and the mission outline in the custom Eden editor scripting language.
- Scripted AI pathing, placement and behavior.
- Area set dressing, audio and more to create a more immersive scenario.
Level Designer | Unreal Engine 4 | 8 Weeks | May 2019
Lumberjacked is an academic project where I:
- Created whitebox puzzle and combat moments using Unreal Engine 4.
- Supported a multi disciplinary team of 27 to a succesful release on Itch.io and achieve a feature in Epic’s student sizzle reel next to an inhouse best game art and audience favourite award of the year.
- Balanced the character feel and throw through active playtesting and iterating.
- Engaged and managed the Q&A process by managing the bug list and prioritising it, setting up test plans and external Q&A testers.
Level Designer | Unreal Tournament | 8 Weeks | Sept. 2018
DM-Blimp is an academic project where I:
- Created a level concept for Unreal Tournament and whiteboxed it through an iterative approach.
- Active user testing with retired professionals of the game.
Level Designer | Unreal Engine 4 | 32 Weeks | Sept. 2019
P.A.I.N.T. is an academic project where I:
- Designing and prototyping of game mechanics and features.
- Creation of level interactables and integration of objectives by using visual scripting.
- Design and whitebox level design, collaborate on the art pass and deliver 3 out of 4 finished areas.
- Support a multi disciplinary team of 25 through pre-production.
- Oversaw level QA, including swarm reviews, testing and bug list management.
Game Design | Unreal Engine 4 | 48 hours | 2019-2020
The game jam projects are short projects created in a limited time frame where I:
- Quick and stable creation of small game loops using Unreal Engine visual scripting.
- Rapid level design that facilitated the gameplay with distinct area’s and mechanics.
- Variety of tasks like AI design and implementation, Audio and 3D art.
Game Design | Unreal Engine 4 | 8 Weeks | May 2018
Robot Madness is an academic project where I:
- Designed, implemented and animated a boss encounter.
- Set the game balance and implemented part of the player character.
- Implemented audio and visual player feedback.