Gregor de Weger
TECHNICAL LEVEL & GAME DESIGNER
A game developer with 4 years of experience, working on over 15 different games, with 3 published titles. Experienced in Unity and Unreal Engine 4.
Arma 3 Scenario
Technical Level Designer | Eden Editor | June 2020
A high action tense, singleplayer mission where the player has to survive after picking up a shipment goes wrong.
- Designed a sandbox level with an approach that rewards exploration.
- Scripting moments, events and the mission outline in the custom Eden editor scripting language.
- Scripted AI pathing, placement and behavior.
- Area set dressing, audio and more to create a more immersive scenario.
Level Designer | Unreal Engine 4 | 8 Weeks | May 2019
The story of two buff lumberjack bros who have their prized artefact, the fridge stolen by the beer king. In this co-operative puzzle action-adventure game, you have to throw everything you have (and can find) at the woodland cronies of the beer king and the puzzles that stand in your way. Including your bro.
- Created whitebox puzzle and combat moments using Unreal Engine 4.
- Supported a multi disciplinary team of 27 to a succesful release on Itch.io and achieve a feature in Epic’s student sizzle reel next to an inhouse best game art and audience favourite award of the year.
- Balanced the character feel and throw through active playtesting and iterating.
- Engaged and managed the Q&A process by managing the bug list and prioritising it, setting up test plans and external Q&A testers.
General Game Design | Unreal Engine 4 | 48 hours | 2019-2020
Your child has been taken by researchers on the artic! Slap your way through scientists and protect your home! Home is family and they have taken it from you. Combo your way up by hitting enemies until you can reach your power form, where you are able to slide your enemies to pieces.
- Quick and stable creation of small game loops using Unreal Engine visual scripting.
- Rapid level design that facilitated the gameplay with distinct area’s and mechanics.
- Variety of tasks like AI design and implementation, Audio and 3D art.
Game/Level design intern at Warcave
Game/Level Designer | Unreal Engine 4 | 20 Weeks | Jan 2021
- Blueprinting/scripting prototype mechanics for both level and gameplay.
- Prototyping the core loop of the game and technical systems.
- Level and game feature implementation.
- Creating level blockouts and content creation pipeline.
- Art asset validation and implementation.
Level Designer | Unreal Engine 4 | 32 Weeks | Sept. 2019
In this cooperative third-person shooter, you take control of the P.U.N.K.’s. Rebels that shoot their way through an evil factory with high-powered paint blasters. Sabotage the tyrannical corporation and fight your way through their factory to achieve the highest chaos score!
- Designing and prototyping of game mechanics and features.
- Creation of level interactables and integration of objectives by using visual scripting.
- Design and whitebox level design, collaborate on the art pass and create 80% of all level content.
- Support a multi disciplinary team of 25 through pre-production.
- Oversaw level QA, including swarm reviews, testing and bug list management.
Gregor de Weger
Technical level & game designer
My name is Gregor de Weger, I am a creative professional with 4 years of game development experience in game design and technical level design.
Currently studying at Breda University of Applied Sciences (formerly known as NHTV) since 2017. Throughout this study, I improved my game and level design skills, worked with big multi-disciplinary teams and led a couple of projects. Started off with getting a solid foundation in game and level design skills but also diversified my skillset by learning 3D modelling and texturing, animation and the basics of programming languages such as C#.
Video games are my first and foremost passion. It has always been a consistent part of my life. Whether it was playing, making levels in ingame editors or play games with a restriction to change the challenges and experience. I find one thing very important in my work and that is a challenge, this has always motivated me and drives me to perform at my best.